Wisdom Steps Annual Conference
Steps Anniversary Conference (June 2020) at Fond du Lac Black Bear Resort and
Our Wisdom Steps Conference is
held annually during the third week in June and held in different tribal
communities across Minnesota. To be
eligible to attend the conference, Elders must have completed the Wisdom Steps
Incentive Plan criteria. Elders are responsible for their transportation to the
conference and their lodging. Transportation and lodging is organized by some
communities. Elders should check with
their Wisdom Steps Board of Directors.
- Elders attending the annual June Wisdom Steps Conference will be asked to pay a $20.00 registration fee to their Wisdom Steps Board of Director by January 31st of each year. (This fee is to help defray the cost of meals at the conference.)
- Elders attending the annual June Wisdom Steps Conference will receive a Wisdom Steps tee shirt. All Elders who paid Registration fee will receive a tee shirt.
- An “Honoring Our Elders Awards Dinner” is held during the conference. Elders are honored for practicing good preventive health throughout the year. The “Alan Allery Award” plaque is given each year to one person from Minnesota who has exemplified good preventive health. The winner is chosen from nominations sent in from the Wisdom Steps Communities in Minnesota. Nominees not winning the state award are eligible to be considered as a nominee in future years.
- Educational Sessions are held about Elder services and topics interesting to Elders. Health Screenings are available by qualified health professionals. Fun events are included in the agenda and time is allowed for Elder visiting.
- A Wisdom Steps “Silent Auction” is held to help sponsor the conference. (Board and Advisory Members donate and solicit silent auction items to sponsor this fund raising event). Elder Service Exhibitors and craft vendors are invited. Non-Wisdom Steps Elders participating in the conference pay a $100.00 registration fee.